Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Information Please!

Well, I haven't posted for a while, but that's ok because no one's reading anyway! But, at least someday people will be able to look back at the archives and say, "Ah, so that's where the downhill slide began!"

Anyway, I was reading through some quotes and came across this one by Tom Peters.
"An informed colleague (customer, vendor) is a far less anxious one."

This is what I'm up against right now. I am trying to convince the powers that be of the importance of educating our customers and prospects. I'm trying to illustrate the benefit of giving away information. They are just focused on what we can get out of the people, not what we can give to them.

There is so much benefit to educating people.

They learn what they need to do.
They value the information and you in kind.
They see you as an expert.

So, why is it such a difficult chore to convince them of how important this is?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home