Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I Just Can't Get This Out Of My Head

I know I've touched on this before, but I just can't get this concept of using blogging as an advertising strategy.

What do I mean?

I mean the new billboards/radio ads for AT&T that try to use blogging as a message in their ads for why to use their internet service.  They just don't get it!

Every time I hear/see one of these, I laugh and at the same time wonder how they can miss the boat so badly. 

Blogging is not just another "message delivery tool."  Blogging is community.  Blogging is a conversation.  Blogging is the ability to talk and share ideas with someone halfway around the world while I'm supposed to be working!

Seriously.  I went to the AT&T site and haven't found a "read our blog" section.  Sure, some topics are tough to blog about (my employer's for example.  Want to talk asbestos?) but that means you have to get creative.

It's funny to watch the people who subscribe to the "traditional" form of marketing scratching and scraping for the "good old days" in their mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home