Friday, April 07, 2006

Where'd You Go??

"In a crowded marketplace, fitting in is failing. In a busy marketplace, not standing out is the same as being invisible." -Seth Godin

Sometimes the best statements are the simplest.

Everyone knows that you have to stand out to be noticed, but have you really ever sat down and thought about it? I know I haven't nearly as much as I should.

Mine is a business where standing out is difficult. It's a service that our clients don't really want and don't really think much about, but they need it. So how do you stand out and get them to notice?

I'm still working on that one.

The other side of it is, I tend to (as I'm sure some of you do too!) notice things that stand out from a marketer's standpoint. But, do those things really stand out to a non-marketer. We need to think like our customers.

We need to determine what will stand out to THEM and then go beyond their expectations and park happily in their desires.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home