Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Speaks to Me

"You don't have to have all the answers. Just making an effort to discuss things openly, vigorously and repeatedly is itself a good thing to do." Tom Peters

Brilliant.

I tend to forget this. I tend to tense up or clam up when I don't have the answers. Or (even worse) try to pretend like I DO have the answers. That's even more dangerous.

Where do we get answers? From discussion, from open communication. Every answer has spawned from that process, so why are we so hesitant to use it? I think it's because we try so hard and work so much to be perceived as an EXPERT that we forget that we (and our clients) are also HUMAN. We can't have all the answers and an open, honest effort to find the answer for a customer will go much further than trying to represent ourselves as "know it alls."

What say you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home