Friday, January 06, 2006

Fire me...Please!

Another from Tom Peters:

"The most likely path to career salvation is to try to get fired."

Now, I don't think Tom was referring to the attempts as shown in "Office Space," but I think we all know what he means.

In trying to get fired, we won't tell ourselves, "Oh I can't do that!"

In trying to get fired, we'll try things we wouldn't try if we were trying to save our jobs.

In trying to get fired, we'll do things that everyone else won't because they're worried about their job.

In trying to get fired, we'll do new things, learn new things and improve for the future.

We all know the limits, but why not push them as far as we can? We just might find that our perception of the limit comes up short of reality.

What say you?

1 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Blogger Olivier Blanchard said...

Hehehehe... Worked for me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home